Studying the future of coffee and climate change
Coffee is one of the most valuable and important commodities in the world, and one of the crops most threatened by climate change. Our new Earth Institute report, "The impacts of climate change on coffee: trouble brewing", studies the global future of climate, suitability, variability, production, and prices for coffee.
Read the report
Download the The impacts of climate change on coffee: trouble brewing.
- Front Matter (Executive Summary and Introduction): PDF
- Chapter 1: Climate change in the coffee belt: PDF
- Chapter 2: A new coffee production database: PDF
- Chapter 3: Climate suitability: PDF
- Chapter 4: Internal variability: PDF
- Chapter 5: Empirics of production: PDF
- Chapter 6: Price interconnections: PDF
- Chapter 7: Looking ahead: PDF
- Tool documentation: PDF
Use the tools
In the course of producing the EI Coffee Report, we produced a set of data and analysis tools.